Monday, November 14, 2011

It's the twit-twoo step! Clumsy owl almost takes a tumble while dancing on a wall

By EMILY ALLEN



Birdie dance? The owl looked like he was practicing his moves on a stone wall before getting himself in a flap and losing his fancy footing near the edge



This is the moment a clumsy owl almost took a dramatic tumble after getting carried away appearing to dance on a wall.

The bird looked like he was practicing his moves before getting himself in a flap and almost losing his footing near the edge.

But luckily he gripped hold of a small ledge at the last minute and managed to haul himself back to safety.



The funny scene was captured by keen photographer Maurizio Biasco, from Lecce, Italy.

Mr Biasco, 29, said: 'I spotted the owl quite a distance away and decided to try and get some nice pictures.

'I had to move carefully to get as close as possible to the owl without disturbing it or arousing suspicion.

'I even wore a ghillie suit so I could climb a tree which was near the wall without being noticed and get a better view.'



In a flap: He almost lost his footing but managed to haul himself to safety much to the amusement of a photographer

Mr Biasco said it took the best part of an hour to capture the amusing images.

He said: 'I do a lot of nature photography and spend a great deal of time in camouflage trying to get close to animals.

'The owl approached the camera lens and I sat in the tree for about an hour taking pictures without any quick movements.

'It appeared to be dancing and having a great time but suddenly a loud blast came from somewhere which startled it.

'I won't tell you what I said but the look on its face certainly made me laugh.

'Once I got the shot and made sure the owl was alright I jumped down from the tree and left.

'It wasn't until I looked back at the pictures later that I realised what I had managed to capture.

'I love photographing birds of prey but it's particularly rewarding when you manage to get a set of pictures like this.'



Dancing queen: The funny scene was captured by keen photographer Maurizio Biasco, from Lecce, Italy



source: dailymail


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms