Friday, July 8, 2011

Bearded tit does the splits: Agile bird shows off remarkable gymnastic skills

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

This bearded tit stayed in this position for 15 seconds


This bearded tit proved quite the acrobat when she landed on an awkward perch.

Lea Roberts photographed the agile bird doing the splits between two reeds in East Tilbury, Essex.

The 42-year-old, from East Tilbury, said: 'I spotted some of the birds flying in and out of the reeds so I decided to wait there with my camera.

'As luck would have it, this one popped up right in front of me and I was able to take a photograph.

'It's characteristic of the birds to perch like this and this one proved quite the gymnast - she managed to stay in the same position for around 15 seconds.

'It's the first time I've captured one of the birds doing this and I'm pretty chuffed.'

source: dailymail


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms