Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pampered pooches: The Yorkshire Terriers whose owner has spent £100,000 on spoiling them with a lavish lifestyle

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Staggering: Louise Harris has spent £100,000 on her three Yorkshire Terriers over a period of six years


Shopaholic Louise Harris has spent a staggering £100,000 on her three dogs in SIX years.

Louise, 31, loves nothing more than spoiling her three Yorkshire Terriers Lola, six, Lulu, four, and two-year-old Larry.

The pampered pooches have their own £2,000 four-poster bed, £200 collars, £400 tiaras and £2,500 bespoke jewellery complete with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.

And Louise admits she even spent an incredible £4,000 on luxury Christmas presents last year - just on her beloved pets.

She said: 'Even I'm a bit shocked at the amount I've spent on them - it's totally barmy!

'But they are my babies and a part of my family. I love spoiling them and making sure they have the best of everything.

'A lot of people think I'm mad, and I realise it's completely over the top, but I want to give them the best life I possibly can.'

Louise's splurge on her pets all started six years ago when her sister Olivia convinced her to look at a Yorkshire Terrier puppy called Lola.

She fell in love the tiny pup, which could fit in the palm of her hand, and started ordering clothing and collars online from America.


Luxury lifestyle: Lola, Lulu and Larry have their own four-poster bed worth £2,000


She said: 'I bought Lola the smallest dog collars I could find here but they were too big and really poor quality. When I ordered them from the States they just fit perfectly and you could see how much more comfortable she was.

'At that point I would never have dreamt of dressing her up but when it got really cold in the winter she was refusing to go outside so I bought her a jumper and as soon as she had it on she bounded straight out into the garden.

'After that I started buying her other clothes - before I knew it, she had a whole wardrobe!'

In 2006 Louise added to her family by buying Lulu, now four, followed by Larry, who is now two.


Spoilt: Louise Harris spent £4,000 on Christmas presents for her three dogs


Louise admits that the dogs do dominate a lot of her life, so any future partner would have to love them as much as she does.

She said: 'My dogs wouldn't come before my partner but they would have to be happy living side by side.

'A dog can't make its own breakfast so they would have to understand it's my priority in the morning to make sure they have food.

'But as its normally scrambled eggs we could all eat that and have breakfast at the same time!' And with three dogs to kit out in the latest designer dog clothes, her spending has shot through the roof.

In six years she estimates she has spent a minimum of £101,680.


Bejewelled: The pooches own collars encrusted with rubies, emeralds, sapphires, swarovski crystal and gold leaf


She spent £26k on clothes, collars, and harnesses, including couture item made just for Lola costing £400 features vintage brooch with crystals, £250 collars with swarovski crystal encrusted stones made with high quality leather, and bespoke jewellery consisting of 5 pieces with rubies, emeralds, sapphires, swarovski crystal and gold leaf costing approximately £400 - £500 each.


source: dailymail


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms