Thursday, September 22, 2011

Plotting his next move... Monkey adopts 'Thinker' pose as he schemes to become alpha male

By NICK ENOCH

They are weak - and I am strong: This crested black macaque tries to work out how he can become leader of the pack as he watches the rest of the group playing in water

This cheeky monkey looked like he was plotting mischief as he adopted a thoughtful pose.

With his hand on his chin, the crested black macaque sat like Auguste Rodin's famous sculpture The Thinker.

Photographer Karsten Wrobel captured the scene beside a lake at Tangkoko National Park on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.


If I can just pick the right moment: The macaque figures out the finer points of his master plan. He was photographed beside a lake at Tangkoko National Park on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi

t is thought the macaque was 'plotting' how to become the alpha male as others from his group played in the water.

Karsten said: 'I was travelling through the park when I saw this macaque sitting close to the shore of a lake.

'He rested his head on his foot and looked like he was thinking.


Double take: The monkey's pose was reminiscent of Auguste Rodin's famous sculpture The Thinker

'It reminded me of Rodin's The Thinker.

'It put a big smile on my face and that of the ranger who was guiding me through the park.

'His reaction made me think he had not seen the macaque in this pose before either.
'I've no idea what the macaque was thinking about but my ranger said he was probably thinking about how to become the "number one" of his group.

'I like that idea too.

'The picture reminds us how close we humans actually are to monkeys and apes.'


Great metal bird in the sky? The monkey suddenly looks up, his concentration broken

source: dailymail


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms