Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My pet spaniel saved my life by sniffing out my breast cancer

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Mrs Murphy: 'She sensed something was wrong'

A mother says her breast cancer was discovered... by her faithful pet spaniel.
Brenda Jones, 47, was feeling fit and well but said her loving dog called Mrs Murphy sensed something was wrong.

He behaved strangely for a week before pawing at Brenda's left breast causing her to jump up in pain.

Mother-of-two Brenda examined the spot where Mrs Murphy had 'targeted' her - and discovered a strange lump.


Grateful: Brenda Jones says her dog Mrs Murphy has been a life-saver

She went to her GP the next day and was diagnosed with a Grade Three tumour in her breast.

Brenda was admitted to hospital for emergency surgery and is now undergoing a course of chemotherapy.

But she is in no doubt that her five-year-old pet had saved her life.

Brenda said: 'She was sitting on my lap all the time, something she didn't normally do.

'She would nuzzle against my breast and she was staring at me.

'After about a week of this I was sitting on the sofa when she jumped up and her paw caught my left breast.

'It really hurt - I remember saying to my husband: "The dog has bruised me."
'But when I looked and felt my breast I could feel a lump.'

Brenda, a sales negotiator with an estate agency, was diagnosed with the more rare triple negative breast cancer.

She had surgery for the lump in June and is now in the middle of chemotherapy before having a course of radio therapy.

source: dailymail


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms